A recipe from the Brenham Kitchen
- 1 pkg Ramen noodles
- 3 eggs
- 1 large leaf of fresh sweet basil (finely chopped)
- 1 sprig of fresh Italian oregano (removed from stem and finely
- pinch of garlic salt (to taste)
- oil or bacon grease for frying
- diced fried potatoes
- chopped onion
- bacon bits
- crumbled fried sausage
- chopped tomato
- additional herbs
Use these ingredients in any combination or add favorites of your
- 1: Crush the noodles into small pieces while still in the
package. I place them on the counter top and pound them with my
- 2: Cook the noodles using the included seasoning pack.
- 3: Drain the noodles of liquid and allow to cool somewhat
(adding egg to steaming hot noodles causes it to cook
- 4: After the noodles have cooled a little, add the eggs, herbs
and garlic salt and mix well.
- 5: If you have fried bacon for filling, drain and reserve most
of the grease from the pan, leaving only enough to keep the omelet
from sticking. Save the rest in case you run short. If you didn't
do bacon, then olive or vegetable oil will work.
- 6: Bring the pan to temperature as you would for pancakes.
- 7: Pour some of the mixture into the heated pan and spread with
a large spoon into a pancake form.
- 8: As the egg in the mixture begins to solidify, add your
filling on half of the pancake and then with your spatula,
carefully fold the other half over onto the top of the filling,
forming the omelet.
- 9: Finish cooking, turning carefully until lightly browned on
both sides (I sometimes use two spatulas for this part).
Makes 2 - 3 omelets.