Noodle Fish Cakes
A recipe from the Brenham kitchen
- 1 pkg Ramen noodles (chicken or beef)
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 6 oz can tuna
- 1 large leaf of sweet basil (chopped)
- pinch of garlic salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- olive oil
- 1: Crush the noodles into small pieces while still in the bag
(I place them on a counter and pound them with my hand).
- 2: Cook the noodles using the included seasoning packet and the
- 3: Drain off the liquid and allow to cool somewhat (adding egg
to steaming hot noodles causes it to cook prematurely).
- 4: After the noodles have cooled a little, add the eggs, onion,
- 5: Mix well and season to taste with the garlic salt.
- 6: Heat a pan to temperature as for pancakes.
- 7: Use enough olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 8: Form the fish cakes by using a spoon to place large dollops
of mixture in the heated pan and shape them into patties two or
three times the thickness of pancakes. Cook and turn until
Serve as a side dish or prepare in larger quantities for a main