A hearty, flavor packed recipe from Gary's
Unless otherwise noted, a "can" is 14 - 16
- 2 1/2 lb ground meat
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup green onion tops (chopped)
- 1 lb Chappell Hill jalapeno link sausage
- 1/2 cup black olives (sliced or chopped)
- 1/4 cup green olives (sliced or chopped)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
- 1-10 oz can Original RO*TEL
- 1-10 oz can Mexican Festival RO*TEL
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can (6-7 oz) chopped green chile peppers
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 can pinto beans with jalapeno (drained)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1: In a large pot, brown the ground meat with the diced onion
and drain the grease.
- 2: Cut the sausage into bite sized pieces and add to the
- 3: Add both cans of RO*TEL, the diced tomatoes, and the green
- 4: Simmer until the sausage is done.
- 5: Add the cans of drained
beans and corn, along with the remaining ingredients.
- 6: Stir well and simmer until thoroughly heated.
Serve with hot buttered corn bread.
For more great dishes try the recipes from